This article discusses How to Change Your PayPal Password, including how to reset your password if you forget to use the PayPal website.
How to Change Your PayPal Password or Reset It
Do you have an insecure PayPal password? Are you using the same password on another site? If the answer is yes, visit the PayPal website in your browser and follow the steps below to change the PayPal Password.
When creating a secure password, it must have at least eight characters with a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
Also Read: How To Remove PayPal Account Limitation
- Log in to PayPal and go to your Summary page.
- Select the Settings gear icon at the top right (next to the Log Out option) to display the PayPal account and settings page.
- Select the Security tab from the options at the top.
- Select Password from the list of security options on the screen (or select Update).
- The Change your password dialog box appears. Enter your current password in the first form field, then type your new password in the other two password fields. When you are done, select Change your password.
How to Reset PayPal Password
You can easily forget your password if you don’t use a password manager to store your log-in information. If that happens, go back to the PayPal feature that helps you reset your password. Remember, you cannot recover your old password with this feature but only change your password to a new password.
Also Read: 5 Best Apps to Make Money PayPal
- Go to the PayPal sign-in page.
- Don’t enter your username and password. Select the menu link Having trouble logging in?
- Does PayPal display the Need for help with your password? Page. Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.
- PayPal uses four options to confirm your identity: receive an SMS, receive an email, answer a security question, or confirm your credit card number.
- If you choose to receive text messages or receive emails, PayPal sends you a six-digit code. Enter this in the confirmation field that appears. Select Continue.
- Use the form provided to create a new password and then confirm again. When finished, click Save. Then, consider storing passwords in a safe place so you don’t forget them again, or using a password manager that keeps passwords safe.
Also Read: How to Delete PayPal Account Permanently
Tip: If you have multiple email accounts, choose the correct one to get a verification code. If you forgot your PayPal email, use the Forgot your email? from the log-in screen. PayPal allows you to enter up to three email addresses that you may have used when registering. Select Next to get an email reset with all the instructions for logging back into your account.