How to Configure Outlook – Configuring e-mail in Outlook is very easy. We give a tutorial. Here’s how:
Microsoft Outlook is Microsoft’s official personal manager included in the Microsoft Office Suite. Outlook makes it easy for users to send and receive emails and carry out activities related to other emails.
2 Ways How to Configure Outlook For Email
You can easily configure your business email in Outlook Microscope. All you need is your name, your business email address, and your business email password.
If you already have or install Microsoft Outlook on your computer, now is the time for you to start configuring your business email. In the example below, we use Outlook 2013 Microsoft. Follow the guidelines below:
1. Click the File menu> Add Account
2. Fill in each slot according to the instructions, then click Next,
- Your name: the name that you use for email
- E-mail Address: your business email
- Password: Your business email password
- Retype Password: retype your business email password. Make sure both are exactly the same
3. This configuration takes a few minutes for the system to find your business email and log in to the server. When finished, you will find a notification pop-up as below. Click Finish.
4. Finish! Your business email account is now active in Microsoft Outlook. This is how it looks at Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Before starting, the user must ensure that they install Microsoft Outlook 2007. For the configuration itself, it is assumed that the user uses the configuration below:
- SMTP Host: domainuser.com
- SMTP PORT: 587
- TLS: enabled
- IMAP / POP3 Host: domainuser.com
- POP3 Port: 993
- SSL: enabled
While for email accounts, users will use:
Email account: email@example.com
Password: password chosen by the user
Here’s how to create an email account on Microsoft Outlook:
1. Click Outlook 2007> Tools> Account Settings
2. Click New, which is under the Email tab, then check to configure it manually.
3. Click Internet E-mail on the next tab, then click Next.
4. Fill in the data according to the configuration above, with the type of POP3 account.
5. There are two steps to completing this stage.
(a) Click More Settings for further configuration. There will be a patch to solve the problem of 505 errors on CentOS 6.x like the settings in the next step.
(b) Check the Outgoing Server (SMTP) box requires authentication, then select the “Use sthe ame setting as my incoming mail server” option.
6. Click the Advanced tab to change PORT and TLS. Change to:
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
Note: Be sure to select Leave a copy of on the server messages if you want to back up your email on the Niagahoster server.
7. Click OK and Test Account Settings to see the setup that has been done. After that, click Finish.
Now That’s How to Configure Outlook For Email, automatically or manually.