How to Create and Use Tables in Google Docs and Microsoft Word or Excel is almost no different, it’s just that there are several menus and functions that make the setup process in Google Docs a little simpler. Its features are also not as complex as Word, but overall it is sufficient to answer the general needs of users.
In this tutorial, we will cover the same topic but on two different devices, on a PC, and on a smartphone. You just have to adjust which one is the most suitable for you.
How to Make a Table in Google Docs
How to Insert and Edit Tables in Google Docs on Mobile Phone
- I assume you already have the Google app on your Smartphone. If not, download it here.
- Run the application, then create a new document.
- Then tap the plus icon in the top menu and tap Table.
- Then specify the number of columns and rows. Finally, tap Insert Table.
- Now the table has been created successfully.
- To add a new table in an existing column or row, just tap the table at the far right or left, then tap the bottom rightmost icon, where there are options to add a left column, right column, top row, or bottom row.
- To do advanced settings, you can also do several other things, such as adjust how the font looks, colors, highlights, then table margin size, and also paragraph orientation. The trick, tap the A icon in the top menu, then you will find three new main menus at the bottom, such as Text, Paragraph, and Table.
How to Creating & Formatting tables in Google Docs on PC
- For table creation in Google Docs PC, please open a browser and access Google Docs.
- Then create a new document, or open the document you want to edit.
- Tap Insert – Table and then specify the number of rows and columns of the table you want to create.
- When the number of columns and rows is selected, the table will immediately appear in your Google Docs document. This means that you can immediately populate the table with the data you want to create.
- Next, once the data has been created, you will of course need to make adjustments to make the table look a bit more interesting or if you need additional rows and columns.
- To create additional columns or rows, all you have to do is right-click with your mouse and tap one of the four options as shown in this screenshot.
- Also, of course, you want the table to look different, for example by giving it a touch of color.
The trick is to block the column or row that you want to color (1). Then click the three-dot menu at the end of the main menu (2), then tap the paint icon (3) and then select an available color (4).
Done, you have successfully created a table in Google Docs while enhancing its appearance. Of course, there are many other things you can do, please study consistently.