If you are currently looking for How to Delete PayPal Account Permanently, it means that you are in the right place. Because this time, we will discuss how to delete a PayPal account for both business accounts and regular accounts.
As one of the first online payment instruments in the world, of course, PayPal has no doubt about its superiority. PayPal is already well known in developed countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, and others. Even now PayPal is the main payment instrument on almost all international e-commerce websites such as Amazon, eBay, FedEx, and many more.
Before You Close PayPal Account
There are a few things to be aware of before deleting a PayPal account, although none of them make the process more difficult.
- The user has to withdraw all available balances from their account by transferring money to their bank account or sending the money to someone else.
- The user must ensure that they do not have any transactions in progress. Closing the account before the transaction is confirmed will cancel the transaction.
- The user must remember that once the PayPal account is closed, the account cannot be reopened. To use PayPal, once again the user must register a new account.
- Users can register a new PayPal account with the same email address they used before.
Also Read: How To Remove PayPal Account Limitation
How to Delete or Close a PayPal Account
How to Delete Regular PayPal Account
There are many reasons why people want to delete their PayPal accounts. Starting from because you want to create a new account with a professional name or because the account is indicated to be hacked so that it must be closed so that unwanted things do not happen. If you also want to close your PayPal account, here are the steps that you all need to follow.
- Enter the account that you want to delete first
- Then, click the Gear or Settings icon next to the “Log Out” option.
- Go to “Account Options” then select “Close Your Account”
- Enter the bank account number when requested
- Then, click “Close Account”
By deleting your PayPal account, it means that all balances, coupons, and promos that you have in that account will be forfeited. Therefore, try to withdraw all the balances in your account to your bank account or check first.
For check withdrawals, you will be charged a fee of $ 1.50 for manufacture and delivery. Additionally, all unfinished payments and requests for funds will be automatically canceled.
Also Read: Why can’t I send my PayPal balance?
How to Delete a PayPal Business Account
Unlike regular accounts, how to delete a business PayPal account is a little more complicated. This is because business accounts are usually used by companies, start-ups, or people engaged in digital business.
So that they will not delete the PayPal account unless it is very important and usually a collective decision. If you are sure you want to delete your PayPal business account, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Enter the PayPal account that you want to delete first
- Then enter Account Settings and select Close Account
- Click “Continue” and you will be given a questionnaire
- Choose one of the reasons why you want to delete your business PayPal account
- Then “Continue” and “Close Account”
And you have finished following the steps. Just like in a normal account, deleting a business account means closing all accounts and transactions in that account. All funds in the account will also be forfeited if the email address is no longer associated with a PayPal account.
Also Read: How To Fix PayPal Account Can’t Log In
Those are the steps and How to Delete PayPal Account Permanently. Make sure you have thought about this carefully before closing your PayPal account permanently.