How to Receive Money on PayPal – Receiving money via PayPal is as easy as having an email address. After the payment has been sent to your PayPal account, you will receive an email letting you know that you received money via your PayPal account, which you can then transfer to the linked bank account. You can also use your balance to pay on marketplaces that accept PayPal payments.
How to Receive Money on PayPal and Transfer It to Your Bank
After someone sends you a payment, you will get an email from PayPal notifying you of the transaction. The money is automatically credited to your PayPal balance.
Another way to receive money on PayPal is by sharing PayPal.Me link. PayPal.Me allows users to share a URL instead of an email address to receive payments. This is useful for vendors who choose not to provide their email addresses to customers.
If you have a PayPal account, you can create a PayPal.Me link by following these instructions.
- Open the PayPal.Me website
- Select Create Your PayPal.Me Link
- Sign in or register for a PayPal account. Once you are signed in, you will be asked to set up your PayPal.Me address.
- Upload a photo. This is optional but will help your friend find out that they are paying the right person.
- Select your PayPal.me a link.
- Select Create a PayPal.Me profile
Also Read: How to Save Bitcoin on PayPal
How to Find Your PayPal.Me Link
If you already have a PayPal.Me link but aren’t sure where, you can find it on your PayPal profile. Here’s how to find your PayPal.Me link:
- Log in to your PayPal account and select Money from the menu bar.
- On the right, select Send and request money.
- Select Request
- On the right, select Share your PayPal.Me.
- Your PayPal.Me link will be listed below your profile photo.
Fees for Receiving Money Via PayPal
When receiving money via PayPal, there are no fees charged to your PayPal balance as long as:
- The sender is in the same country.
- The sender sends money from their PayPal balance or bank account.
If the sender uses a credit or debit card to send money to you (not a PayPal balance), they will have to pay a 2.9% fee plus a fee of up to $ 4.99 depending on the amount of the transaction.
Senders transferring money to you from another country will have to pay a fee of $ 0.99- $ 4.99, depending on the total value of the payment. There will also be a 2.9% fee and a flat fee determined by the country of origin. You can find the fee on PayPal’s fixed fees list for sending in other currencies. However, as a recipient, you will have to pay any conversion fees required to convert funds from foreign currency to US dollars.
Fees for Transferring Balances From Personal Accounts
If you are a US PayPal account holder, it is usually free to transfer payments you receive from your PayPal account to a checking account. Transfers may take 3-5 working days. If you need money faster, you can use a qualifying debit card for Instant Transfer, which usually takes about 30 minutes to complete. There is a fee associated with Instant Transfer of 1% of the total amount transferred, with a maximum of $ 10.
There are also transaction limits for transferring funds from your personal PayPal account. They:
- Up to $ 5,000 per transaction
- Up to $ 5,000 per day
- Up to $ 5,000 per week
- Up to $ 15,000 per month
Also Read: How to Cancel a PayPal Payment Transaction
How to Receive Money on PayPal is very easy for beginners though. However, you can usually transfer money to a linked checking account without experiencing much trouble.