Start a culinary business – Culinary business became one of the business fields that many people hunted. How come?
As is known, culinary is now not only a basic necessity but becomes an important part of a lifestyle. Many culinary hunting societies to try, make their reviews, also share them on social media pictures or videos.
Yes, even many culinary businesses make beginners business spirited their brains in order to create creative innovation.
Well, for you beginner businessmen who want to work in the field of culinary, here are the stages that you must learn to start a culinary business.
Beginners Business Must Know! These 9 Stages of Starting a Culinary Business
1. Determine market segmentation
In business, you must know who your market is. You also need to know what buyers need, how their characters and behaviors, and so on.
Let’s look at the comparison of the two examples below.
- You want to sell grilled chicken. Of course, the market is very wide, is not it? Well, you have to figure out how to get the market to buy your grilled chicken. For this, it can be said that you have a very wide market.
- You want to sell typical Indian food. You should know, who likes typical Indian food, also determine how to let consumers know about the food you sell. It can be said that the market is more segmented.
2. Be creative for what you sell differently than others
Every business must have a Unique Selling Proposition (USP) or factor that makes the product different from other competitors.
3. Consider the location of your business
Business location is also one of the important considerations because a strategic location will make your restaurant or store much sought after by consumers. To note, make sure the place is easily accessible, also easy to find in Google search engine.
However, for now, location is not too much of a problem. The reason, inter-message technology increasingly easier for consumers to get the food they want. So, people do not have to bother out of the house.
4. Build relationships with your customers
Without customers, the business will not run successfully. Why? Because the culinary business that you create is addressed to customers, right? Well, then from that, you as a beginner businessman, create a two-way relationship with customers to build a good relationship.
For example, interact directly when a customer pays at the checkout counter, sells the place by giving a sense of comfort so that customers feel at home hanging out for long, offering free drinking refill, and so on.
5. Know the source of business income
This one point is also no less important, because profit is one of the goals you create a business, right? Therefore, you must determine what your income sources are.
For example, you sell chicken honey sauce. Well, you can make a package plus rice and drink which is cheaper. Or, you can create special menus that exist only during a certain period. Make sure you also use a good marketing strategy to sell products sold.
6. Apply for a business license
A culinary business you will be considered legal if it has permission. Know your business structure first, then you can file and follow all the business licensing procedures.
7. Plan your business activity
There are 5 things you need to take in your business activities:
- Strategic management: setting organizational goals, planning and developing policies, also allocating resources to achieve goals.
- Operational management: focus on the production process of goods and services, ensuring the business is efficient and effective.
- Marketing management: focus on marketing so companies can grow and benefit.
- Financial management: everything related to finance, from planning to storage of funds
- Human resources management: build relationships with resources in order to achieve common goals
8. Determine who the vendor is your partner
Let’s say you will sell chicken menu. Well, you will be in contact with gas vendors, drinking water, or other raw materials. Look for the best vendor and prioritize the quality that is worth the price.
Do not look for cheap because your customers must be more concerned with the taste and quality of food sold. You do not want it, the customer will complain if the raw materials are not fresh, the taste is not consistent, and so on?
Therefore, choose a culinary business partner that has been trusted and guaranteed.
9. Know about the costs incurred
In addition to knowing about the source of income, you also must know about your expenses. For example, you offer a free drinking refill. In a sense, in order to remain profitable, you can increase profits on the menu of food sold.
Or, you open the restaurant all you can eat which the price is relatively affordable. In order to stay profitable, you can provide a visitor time limit per table, for example, one hour.
Moreover, customers may be subject to additional charges. Or it could be, new customers may order again if the food presented on the table is up.
Other costs you will incur for a culinary business are operational costs, marketing, menu research, and so on.
Well, that’s the 9 stages of starting a culinary business that must be known to the beginner businessman. How, ready to go through this lucrative business?