PayPal is amazing to us, but also scary when small problems occur. PayPal can be said to be a little excessive in dealing with problems that occur to users and often ignore them.
Maybe because there are too many users, so it can’t be handled completely. We’ve ourselves been kicked out of PayPal a few times for various reasons, but we won’t cover that here.
The main reason we created this article is that many friends around us use PayPal as a form or means of online payment. Well, there are various obstacles that you encounter when you start using PayPal, one of which is being unable to send a good balance to make a payment.
Cause can’t send balance
Please note that there are many issues that may prevent you from sending a PayPal balance, including:
- Your PayPal is restricted
- Suspicious activity was detected
- VCC detected
- Insecure network provider
- Due to cookies on your browser.
Well, among the points above, maybe you are experiencing one of them. We will try to describe everything.
Also Read: 5 Best Apps to Make Money PayPal
Cannot send balance because PayPal is limited
well, there are various types of PayPal limits or restrictions, if what we know is because of suspicious activity, right? there are actually many. Among them:
- It has reached a certain number of transactions. Have you experienced this? PayPal will usually call you or send you an email about this. In addition, PayPal usually asks for certain documents to remove the existing restrictions on your account.
- Need to confirm account identity. In order for you to send a balance, you need to send the documents requested by PayPal, usually only an ID card, proof of address (telephone, water bill, or the like that has your current address).
- Your PayPal is permanently restricted. We have experienced this about 5 PayPal accounts, one of which is a personal account. It’s really regrettable, it’s just that what else can I do, it’s final from there. If your PayPal is like this, you just withdraw the entire balance to your bank.
Could not send balance because suspicious activity was detected
Usually, something like this happens when you access it from a new browser or device. If you usually access it from your desktop or laptop, when you open it from a cellphone in another city or a different IP, this can happen.
There are also those who experience when they are activating VPN, but accidentally open their Paypal account. Usually, the error doesn’t just appear right away, but you will feel it when you try to send a balance. PayPal will issue a notice warning that the balance cannot be sent.
To fix this you only need to contact PayPal either by telephone during the hour, we recommend Monday – Friday so that you can be connected with an Indonesian representative.
Besides that, you can also contact them with other alternatives such as via Email or Fanspage on Facebook.
Cannot send balance because VCC was detected
Have you ever imagined that VCC can hold your activities? Certainly not. So far VCC is still accepted at PayPal. However, PayPal says that VCC is dangerous for online transactions. Well, long story short we found this out when we were unable to send a PayPal balance.
Support told us to remove the VCC associated with the PayPal account.
As soon as we uninstalled the VCC, we were able to reuse our account, of course, still verified because we had connected the VCC. Uninstalling the VCC does not remove the verification status.
Also Read: How To Fix PayPal Account Can’t Log In
Cannot send balance because network provider is not secure
There were several times when we were unable to send a PayPal balance and the most annoying thing was, this happened for up to 1 week. We have tried to contact PayPal and the answer we got is “our account does not have any problems”.
After investigating, we again tried to send an email to PayPal and it turned out that the problem was the network or provider we were using.
After we tried to switch networks using WiFi, we were able to send the PayPal balance as it was before.
Unable to send balance due to cookies and browser cache
Many users forget to clear the cache on the browser when they want to transact using PayPal. Finally, there are cookies that are still stored and cached in the browser.
This may result in you being unable to send your PayPal balance. PayPal also suggests some things you can do when this happens, including:
- Clear cache in browser. You only need to delete all history, cache, and cookies in your browser. The method is also quite easy, just press CTRL + SHIFT + Del simultaneously, then select All time if you use Chrome as your default browser.
- Use another browser. If you try to send using Chrome and have such problems, try changing to other browsers such as Mozilla, Internet Explorer, and so on.
- Access using another device. Usually, people will use a smartphone to send their PayPal balance. There are times when you encounter problems like this. Try using your desktop or computer to send your PayPal balance.
If you have tried the three points above but it’s still the same, try to send the balance on another day. Usually, it will resolve itself.
That’s our experience when using PayPal, there are so many problems that occur when you get old with PayPal. All of them will be a valuable experience when you try to archive them in the form of articles.